Description of the business Edit
Butchery provides fresh affordable meat to the people. Bringing quality at a reasonable price.'
What exactly is it that is going to be sold or done?
- Chicken livers, Chicken Pieces,Escort hampers,Chicken neck,Chicken heads, Chicken giblets and Chicken legs.
- Beef and beef products
- Pork and pork products
What tools or equipment are needed? Where can they be bought, and how much will they cost?
How much space is needed to work from?
- A large space which includes a cold room, small office and selling area
Where will the space be found, and how much will it cost to rent?
Rent is $450-500 per month
What sort of people will buy the product? Who are they and where do they live?
- Everyone in the neighbourhood
How much and how often will they buy? Will they come to the shop or will it be necessary to deliver?
- Every day.
- People will come to the place of business to buy the products being sold.
Upstream Businesses Edit
A list of businesses and ideas that provide the services and products that this business needs.
- Chicken Farm
- Escort manufactures
- Cattle ranch
What stands out
- Good Parkaging
- Give Promotional Items occasionally
Marketing the business to clients Edit
What sort of people will buy the products and how important is product consistency to them (e.g. must every loaf of bread be identical)?
- People around the neighbowood.
- People using the bar
- Customers are very particular about the freshness and size it is important to be consistant.
How seasonal or fashion-dependent are their buying habits (do they buy only in summer, only over Christmas, etc.)?
- It is a all year long business.
Do the clients want the products to be the cheapest or the best (low price / low quality or high price / high quality)?
- The customers want good quality, but the prices must also be cheap
How do the clients decide where to buy the products? What sorts of advertising / promotions attract their interest?
- They decide to buy at a place where they get respect
- A word of mouth and flyers also work
- Good Advertising and branding material will attract customers
Do the clients want the same things sold in the same way, or do they want things to change all the time?
- They like the same things
What can be done to attract the first clients (the most important and most difficult to get)? How much will it cost?
- Word of mouth
- Door to door by means of fliers
The business inputs and outputs Edit
List all of the inputs (products that are required to produce the products):
- Money to buy stock
- Plastic packs
- Display Frigde
- Plastic pack
- Advertising board
List all of your outputs (products created by your business):
- Meat, cut and packed according to size
What sort of prices can be charged and how much profit will can be made on each item (a rough estimate)?
- R10-R50 a piece
Do the outputs have a shelf-life? Must they be sold within a specified time limit before they go off / can't be sold? Which ones?
- Yes, two weeks.
- What is not sold is refrigirated.
Setting up the business Edit
List everything that needs to be done to prepare the business to be ready (list everything needed to have as well, both equipment and stock):
- Display Fridge
- Advertising boat
- Plastic meat Packaging
List all the fixed costs to be paid every month even if nothing is sold (things like rent, electricity, telephone, staff wages):
- Rent R500
- Wages R1000
- Loan R14 000 / 20 months is R700
Total amount for fixed costs: R700
What training will they need, how long will it take and how much will it cost?
- No training required.
The manufacturing or production process Edit
List every step, from start to finish, to produce the product
- Get the products from various supplier unpacked
- Get the meat nicely cutted,washed,weighted, priced and packaged
- Take it to the butchery for Display
- Sell Sell Sell
Running the business Edit
What is the process for running the business on a typical day? Who will be responsible for each step? Link this back to the production process.
There will a be a person who will be working full time at the container
I will be there to close off the business on a dairly basis
What monthly processes need to be performed? Who is responsible, who is backup and what tools are required?
obtaining new packaging material
creating specials on the meat that has left for one month
What processes are required for maintenance and new product creation? Who is responsible and what tools do they need?
Obtaining info from customers.
Items that we do not provide and these items are required often